Friday, April 23, 2010

A first birthday, thankfullness and joy

My daughter asked me, what do I think of when it is her birthday. After reflecting on this...I can say that when I think of my children on their birthdays that:

I am thankful for them, for the joy they have brought and bring me, for their individual strengths and weaknesses. Joy is too tame a word for the feeling that they evoke in me.

But I remember wonderful moments in pregnancy, in delivery, in their development that enhance the of love and fulfillment that each brought to me. I look at them now as adults and am thankful they chose spouses who complement their gifts and reflect their love for my child by their devotion to them.

2 comments:

anilia said...

thanks for putting this up. It is so different to relate to your parents as peers who share similar experiences. The happenings are the same just the perspective is changed. I think it is really cool to have both aspects to explore now.

Mom A said...

It is the greatest joy of my life, sharing this with you and John, Jack and Erica!