Sunday, July 18, 2010

What do you do?



When the "oldbikerider" leaves for these trips, people always ask what do you do? well this year I am working on the yard, he kindly taught me how to mow, and when it's not to hot and the grass has grown, I mow.

I am working on a quilt block theme "Swelter" for the month of July. This block is the result of deciding to do a glass of lemonade, but more directly a result of a workshop I took a weekend ago about developing an artist statement. You can see Toni Bowman's work at this web site http://www.cpsvp.vt.edu/gallery-3.html. And Vikki King who is a portrait artist, her site is http://www.ebsqart.com/Artists/cmd_vikkiking_Profile.htm. But back to the block, it was the conversation
Toni had with the facilitator about her daughter's work that led to this block..and hopefully a few other ideas.

But in this time of quiet and stuff that needs to be done, there is a planning time
for other work to be done, like the awnings. This was such a success, we plan to make more for the front of the house as well. By just hanging them on the exterior we were able to decrees the interior temperature by my guess is a minimum of 5 degrees, if not more... so, Ron may be away, but there is much to be completed.

2 comments:

anilia said...

The awnings look great. I couldn't quite imagine them. And of course, I love the lemonade!

Mom A said...

Thanks!